Yeah you heard me. Screenkicker has been nominated for a blogging award. Specifically the Liebster award.
Let me explain how it works: Bloggers can nominate other sites that they like for awards. The Liebster award is for blogs with less than 200 followers and is a way to get noticed in the blogosphere (did I just use the word ‘blogosphere’? I feel a bit sick). I’ve been nominated by two super cool blogs: Asian Cinema Blog (my favourite Asian film blog written by a Lithuanian) and Tom at Digital Shortbread (he’s an Englishman living in America, but don’t hold that against him). Look at these guys’ blogs immediately!
OK here are the rules of the award:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the award, and include a link to their page.
4. Notify the nominated bloggers that an award awaits them.
5. Ask the nominees 11 questions of your own.
Random facts about Screenkicker:
– My first name isn’t really Michael. I’m not telling you what it really is
– I am a functioning Redbull addict
– My primary school was bombed by terrorists (we got two weeks off!)
– I work for the NHS
– I can’t see 3D films (learn more about this here!)
– I’m trying to cut down on using exclamation marks in my writing!!!!
– The first film I saw in the cinema what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
– I really, really like cheese
– I love reviewing awful movies
– If you squint your eyes I’m really good looking
– I’m from Kilrea in Northern Ireland but live in Edinburgh, Scotland
Since I was nominated by two people I’m going to pick and choose 11 questions from both.
What would make you a fan of horror films, if you’re not one already? (If you are a fan, what do you like about them?)
I’m not a huge horror film fan. Part of me loves them but any kind of horror stays with me.
Do you get a beer when you see a movie at the theater? Or would you, should that be available?
One cinema I go to serves beer. I love it but it can backfire when you need the toilet during a long movie.
Best “date” movie you’ve seen recently?
Antichrist. What? It wasn’t a date movie?
What’s your LEAST favorite animated film?
Anything with Winnie the Pooh. The little bastard creeps me out. Put on some trousers weirdo.
What’s better to have in a movie — a really strong beginning or a really strong ending?
Ideally both but a good ending is more important. Man of Steel started great and ended poorly.
What country you want to visit most and why?
I’ve always wanted to go to Japan or China but by fear of flying is getting in the way.
Have you seen any Asian movies, what is your favorite?
A lot of my favourite films are Korean. I made my mum watch Oldboy and she loved it
Would you like to go live in any time in past or in future?
Back to when there were dinosaurs. I want to ride a raptor like a horse. While dressed as a ninja.
Your Top 5 movie directors?
Why did you start your blog?
Because I could see my friends’ eyes glaze over when I constantly quoted Predator. Now I can quote it in writing all the time!
What is your feel-good movie when you feel down?
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
I’m nominating these cool mofos
Get your asses to these sites now. They’re very good.
Finally here are my questions for my fellow nominees:
1. What was the first film you saw in the cinema?
2. He-Man or Thundercats?
3. Favourite Arnold Schwarzenegger movie?
4. What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
5. Favourite TV show ever?
6. What is your nationality?
7. What actor/actress do you find most attractive?
8. Scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
9. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery?
10. Favourite videogame ever?
11. Would you like to see a picture of a ninja riding a raptor? OK!!
Ok, and we’re done. Thanks again for the nominations guys, keep up the fantastic work!